SolUnesco is seeking to lease or purchase a minimum of 10 acres of open property in Virginia for the purpose of building solar generation projects
Key Elements of Program
- Twenty-five-year leases or purchase at above market values with an inflation escalator.
- Leased land will be returned to its original condition at the end of the lease
- We will assume all risks and development costs for the solar generation project. The landowner will only be responsible for their own legal fees in negotiating the lease or purchase.
- Power produced by the facility will be sold to the local electric utility, cooperative, or municipal utility, or sold at wholesale directly to the grid.
- There may be an opportunity for individual homeowners to purchase power from these facilities as well.
Benefits to the Landowner
- Guaranteed revenue for 25 years
- Economic growth and job creation for local economy
- Power purchased from facility is at guaranteed rate as hedge against volatility in electricity prices
- Participation in an emerging technology
- Benefits to the environment through emission reductions